Turbos???.

Go down

Turbos???.

Post  B_baby on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Anybody know anything bout turbos? Just got a 92 dayton a turbo and want to make her better any suggestions?
avatar
B_baby
Senior
Senior

Posts : 61
Points : 86
Add to users Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  SilkyJohnson on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Yup, i think this is where my tuner back ground comes into play lol. What do you mean make it better? Upgrade or get the most out of what you got?

_________________

avatar
SilkyJohnson
Administator
Administator

Posts : 101
Points : 157
Add to users Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-23
Age : 31

View user profile http://eifel-i-phonerepair.webstarts.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  B_baby on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:21 pm

Both I don't think the turbos running it's full potential, but then again I don't know nutting bout turbos. I know she can be made to be faster than csully's gt500 but not really sure where to start. Redo'n some of the seals prob next weekend. Eventually when she's ready I found a NOS kit for her but know right now I'd blow'er up. Any advice would be cool and I can tell you what i know about her.
avatar
B_baby
Senior
Senior

Posts : 61
Points : 86
Add to users Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  blacksunshine05 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:55 pm

B_baby wrote:Both I don't think the turbos running it's full potential, but then again I don't know nutting bout turbos. I know she can be made to be faster than csully's gt500 but not really sure where to start. Redo'n some of the seals prob next weekend. Eventually when she's ready I found a NOS kit for her but know right now I'd blow'er up. Any advice would be cool and I can tell you what i know about her.

1991-1993 Turbo III Spirit RT and Iroc
Stage 1
NGK V-Power Spark Plugs
Magnecor Plug Wires
K&N Air Filter

Stage 2
All above modifications plus:
Fuel Cut Defender
495 Injectors
FM 3" Stainless Exhaust Complete
FM Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

Stage 3
All above modifications plus:
FM Lightweight Flywheel (4 1/2 lbs lighter than stock)
FM JE Custom Pistons
FM Enforcer 2 Turbocharger
avatar
blacksunshine05
Senior
Senior

Posts : 99
Points : 111
Add to users Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-21
Age : 42
Location : Kaiserslautern

View user profile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864837

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  blacksunshine05 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:06 pm

Heads that can push up to a 500hp engine
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/catalog/page5.html

Assembled engines up to 500hp
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/catalog/page4.html

Enforcer 2 turbocharger
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/catalog/page8.html

Exhaust and ported exhaust manifold
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/catalog/page11.html

Fuel system
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/catalog/page10.html

Spark plugs and wires
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/catalog/page13.html

Just some things to look at.

avatar
blacksunshine05
Senior
Senior

Posts : 99
Points : 111
Add to users Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-21
Age : 42
Location : Kaiserslautern

View user profile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864837

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  csullyracing on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:48 pm

First of all B_baby's ride though it is a nice rear car that has alot of potential, It will NEVER be capable of out performing my ride! Surprised)

There is alot of great information that has been posted and I truley believe that B_baby will take full advantage of the links that were posted. With out a doubt it will be modified over the winter months. In fact she has two of the cars that are itenticle except one is black in color. She is droping one off at Phil's Garage and leaving it there over the winter while Phil turns it into a Monster for the track! She wants one to drive everyday and the other a strait track car!

_________________
[b]CHOPPER CHAD
avatar
csullyracing
Admin

Posts : 200
Points : 305
Add to users Reputation : 3
Join date : 2010-07-11
Age : 38
Location : Kaiserslautern Germany

View user profile http://amac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  B_baby on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:57 pm

blacksunshine05 wrote:Heads that can push up to a 500hp engine
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/catalog/page5.html

Assembled engines up to 500hp
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/catalog/page4.html

Enforcer 2 turbocharger
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/catalog/page8.html

Exhaust and ported exhaust manifold
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/catalog/page11.html

Fuel system
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/catalog/page10.html

Spark plugs and wires
http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/html/catalog/page13.html

Just some things to look at.


Dude you're awsome definately gonna put all this info to use. Csully doesn't think I'll get her there but i do the banking so guess what.... Laughing I'll be modin my car over the winter we'll see what she pulls next season..... lol!
avatar
B_baby
Senior
Senior

Posts : 61
Points : 86
Add to users Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  blacksunshine05 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Should be a good build no matter what way you really go Very Happy You could probably do the stage 1 and maybe stage 2 before the Oct 9th races. Twisted Evil Would be interesting to see what you do to it over the winter.
avatar
blacksunshine05
Senior
Senior

Posts : 99
Points : 111
Add to users Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-21
Age : 42
Location : Kaiserslautern

View user profile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864837

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  B_baby on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am

Yea definitely gonna be ordering some parts here in the next couple weeks. Hoping to get the new seals in this weekend. I'll probably run her a time or 2 on the 18th to get a baseline and then in Oct to see what the change is. Definitely looking forward to seeing you guys there in Bitburg!
avatar
B_baby
Senior
Senior

Posts : 61
Points : 86
Add to users Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  dagamore on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:30 pm

Chad you know that dodge is ~1K lb lighter then your GT500, and both can make around the same power, with a good driver and traction the lighter dodge should be faster in the 1/4!

_________________
Come November I will Remember.

NEVER let Peter Schropp work on your car!
avatar
dagamore
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Posts : 39
Points : 59
Add to users Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-19
Location : K-town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  B_baby on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:36 pm

See baby u gonna be eatin my dust........ lol!
avatar
B_baby
Senior
Senior

Posts : 61
Points : 86
Add to users Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  csullyracing on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:47 pm

dagamore wrote:Chad you know that dodge is ~1K lb lighter then your GT500, and both can make around the same power, with a good driver and traction the lighter dodge should be faster in the 1/4!

Well if we are talking about good drivers..... Its definate... I dont need to worry at all HEHEHEHE Laughing

_________________
[b]CHOPPER CHAD
avatar
csullyracing
Admin

Posts : 200
Points : 305
Add to users Reputation : 3
Join date : 2010-07-11
Age : 38
Location : Kaiserslautern Germany

View user profile http://amac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  B_baby on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:51 pm

LMAO who got the best time last bitburg? That's right your looking at her! You'll c I'll get her ready and all u gonna see is my tail lights thru the dust. lol!
avatar
B_baby
Senior
Senior

Posts : 61
Points : 86
Add to users Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  blacksunshine05 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:47 pm

B_baby wrote:LMAO who got the best time last bitburg? That's right your looking at her! You'll c I'll get her ready and all u gonna see is my tail lights thru the dust. lol!

Dam Chad she made a jocolor out of you on the forum. Guess we will see who out shines who in the end.
avatar
blacksunshine05
Senior
Senior

Posts : 99
Points : 111
Add to users Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-21
Age : 42
Location : Kaiserslautern

View user profile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864837

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  csullyracing on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:12 pm

B_baby wrote:LMAO who got the best time last bitburg? That's right your looking at her! You'll c I'll get her ready and all u gonna see is my tail lights thru the dust. lol!

You only pulled the better time because it was me working/tunning the car imbetween your runs!. So I am responsible for the CAR pulling a good time not you so there!!!!!! Mastermechanic hear!!!
Laughing

_________________
[b]CHOPPER CHAD
avatar
csullyracing
Admin

Posts : 200
Points : 305
Add to users Reputation : 3
Join date : 2010-07-11
Age : 38
Location : Kaiserslautern Germany

View user profile http://amac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  csullyracing on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:14 pm

blacksunshine05 wrote:
B_baby wrote:LMAO who got the best time last bitburg? That's right your looking at her! You'll c I'll get her ready and all u gonna see is my tail lights thru the dust. lol!

Dam Chad she made a jocolor out of you on the forum. Guess we will see who out shines who in the end.

You are right about that!!!! If we find some one to watch the kids while we both run togather and I will Make her cry with my exhaust fumes as I demolish her!

_________________
[b]CHOPPER CHAD
avatar
csullyracing
Admin

Posts : 200
Points : 305
Add to users Reputation : 3
Join date : 2010-07-11
Age : 38
Location : Kaiserslautern Germany

View user profile http://amac.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  B_baby on Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:39 am

blacksunshine05 wrote:
B_baby wrote:Both I don't think the turbos running it's full potential, but then again I don't know nutting bout turbos. I know she can be made to be faster than csully's gt500 but not really sure where to start. Redo'n some of the seals prob next weekend. Eventually when she's ready I found a NOS kit for her but know right now I'd blow'er up. Any advice would be cool and I can tell you what i know about her.

1991-1993 Turbo III Spirit RT and Iroc
Stage 1
NGK V-Power Spark Plugs
Magnecor Plug Wires
K&N Air Filter

Stage 2
All above modifications plus:
Fuel Cut Defender
495 Injectors
FM 3" Stainless Exhaust Complete
FM Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

Stage 3
All above modifications plus:
FM Lightweight Flywheel (4 1/2 lbs lighter than stock)
FM JE Custom Pistons
FM Enforcer 2 Turbocharger


Been able to find everything on this list but the injectors. Every site has them listed by lbs. could you clearify the injector size for me please.
avatar
B_baby
Senior
Senior

Posts : 61
Points : 86
Add to users Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  blacksunshine05 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:48 am

They put it in cc's. So 495cc divided by 10.5 would give you 47lb. So I would go for 48lb/hour injectors on the page.
avatar
blacksunshine05
Senior
Senior

Posts : 99
Points : 111
Add to users Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-21
Age : 42
Location : Kaiserslautern

View user profile http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864837

Back to top Go down

Re: Turbos???.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum