American Muscle Auto Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the limit for decibels in Germany?

5 posters

Go down

What's the limit for decibels in Germany? Empty What's the limit for decibels in Germany?

Post  SilkyJohnson Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:01 pm

What's the limit for decibels in Germany to pass inspection??
SilkyJohnson
SilkyJohnson
Administator
Administator

Add to users Reputation : 0

http://eifel-i-phonerepair.webstarts.com/

Back to top Go down

What's the limit for decibels in Germany? Empty Re: What's the limit for decibels in Germany?

Post  B_baby Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:27 pm

Most places I believe it is 91
B_baby
B_baby
Senior
Senior

Back to top Go down

What's the limit for decibels in Germany? Empty Re: What's the limit for decibels in Germany?

Post  SilkyJohnson Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:42 pm

thanks b! I couldn't find it anywhere.
SilkyJohnson
SilkyJohnson
Administator
Administator

Back to top Go down

Post  blacksunshine05 Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:53 pm

SilkyJohnson wrote:What's the limit for decibels in Germany to pass inspection??

It is 95db. My car barely passed this time with 94.9bd.
blacksunshine05
blacksunshine05
Senior
Senior

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864837

Back to top Go down

Post  SilkyJohnson Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Wow that's cutting it close. I know the inspection guys at spangdahlem are bigger dicks when it comes to passing cars. i don't know how they do it out there, but they will pull our car into a garage of all places to do the test, which is obviously gonna make it louder and rev it up. I hope I don't have to use the steel wool technique, just makes me nervous, but i will if I have to... getting the tint removed and put back on hopefully friday.
SilkyJohnson
SilkyJohnson
Administator
Administator

Back to top Go down

Post  B_baby Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:44 pm

I know u said you failed inspection in sponge but if you haven't already you should go to baumholder! I just got my car passed inspection there on the 1st try. I also had a blown headlite , exprired first aid kit and a oil pan leak. All which would have gotten me failed on vog. He just said fix it and passed her. It was great!
B_baby
B_baby
Senior
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post  SilkyJohnson Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:17 pm

wow really that easy? I keep hearing mixed messages about baumholder. the limit is 101 db and I hit 104.6 lol and he revved the shit out of it. im almost certain he hit 4k rpm
SilkyJohnson
SilkyJohnson
Administator
Administator

Back to top Go down

Post  B_baby Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Hey couldn't hurt to try it out right. Compared to switching the exhaust out or shovin stuff up the pipes to quiet her. Smile
B_baby
B_baby
Senior
Senior

Back to top Go down

Post  SilkyJohnson Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:53 pm

yeah for sure. the stock exhaust is 80 bucks but 80 bucks i could put towards something else for sure...The guy that inspects our cars is a dick, and that's not an understatement. One of my buddies failed because of an e-brake, he showed the inspection guy a receipt that he had the whole thing replaced brand new a week prior and he still failed him. He went in a week later and the inspection guy said nothing about his e-brake but failed him for brakes that were also replaced at the same time.
SilkyJohnson
SilkyJohnson
Administator
Administator

Back to top Go down

Post  Garage Concepts Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:22 pm

lol....I've heard many different things about the inspection stations in the area. The Sound limit for all vehicles cars or bikes is 95db. The Vogelweh inspection station actually does their sound test in the middle of the compound like they should so there is no sound bouncing off buildings and making the db levels louder. But according to the Reg 95db is the limit and that is measured at half your redline....Trust me I know, I'm one of the inspectors here on Vog....lol
Garage Concepts
Garage Concepts

Back to top Go down

Post  dagamore Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:15 am

is it half of the marked red line as marked on the tach or do they just rev to 3.5-4k?
dagamore
dagamore
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Back to top Go down

Post  blacksunshine05 Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:52 am

dagamore wrote:is it half of the marked red line as marked on the tach or do they just rev to 3.5-4k?

For me it was 3,000rpm. The car was halfway in and halfway out the bay. I dont think that helped me out.
blacksunshine05
blacksunshine05
Senior
Senior

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864837

Back to top Go down

Post  Garage Concepts Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:57 pm

Typically if we think the car is too loud we will check it with the DB meter at the door of the building and if it comes close to failing we will pull it out into the coned off area. As for the RPM yes we can go half of where your redline starts, but typically we take the vehicle to a couple hundred shy of the halfway point. We're not there to try and fail everyone.

The regulation states if it's an aftermarket exhaust other then factory installed, the vehicle can be denied registration no matter the DB level.
Garage Concepts
Garage Concepts

Back to top Go down

Post  SilkyJohnson Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Well i passed inspection on friday! oh happy days! no more temp tags
SilkyJohnson
SilkyJohnson
Administator
Administator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down